Content
Store
Forum

Rebirth of Reason
War
People
Archives
Objectivism

Post to this threadMark all messages in this thread as readMark all messages in this thread as unread

Post 0

Friday, January 14, 2005 - 7:23amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit
Does this mean we're going to be seeing ads of parading brocolli with signs reading 'eat more cows' ?

Post 1

Friday, January 14, 2005 - 8:10amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit
Hey, I own the domains thefoodfight.com and thefoodfight.org.  Let's talk.  :)

Sanction: 3, No Sanction: 0
Post 2

Friday, January 14, 2005 - 11:04pmSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit
What is wrong with vegetarianism per se?

Post 3

Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 12:13amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit
http://www.solohq.com/Articles/Rowlands/Sacred_Cow.shtml

or

http://www.solohq.com/Objectivism101/Evil_Vegetarianism.shtml

And the new website will have a whole lot more.

Sanction: 5, No Sanction: 0
Sanction: 5, No Sanction: 0
Post 4

Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 5:30amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit
UGH. Nauseating to say the least.

I looked at what you have for a site and the visual message is not vegetarianism is evil, but rather meat is disgusting. Check your premises.  Change your images.  Make us hungry for sizzling flesh... ribs, steak, the delightful sound and smell of fajitas being delivered to your table at a restaurant.

I'm not a vegetarian but I don't think that abstaining from animal products is evil in and of itself.  It is the smug self-righteousness, bullshit pseudo-science and scare tactics that sometimes accompany vegetarianism that are evil.  It seems that objectivists use the term "evil" too much.  I admire vegetarians for living by the values that they have set for themselves. It is an informed choice they have made for themselves. Its good to debunk the scare tactics and poke fun at ridiculous claims and misguided notions. Some people just don't want to eat anything with a face.  (Send the Mickey Mouse pancakes back, but I'll eat the sausages.)  This could turn out be a very funny and informative site.  How about a God is evil site as well?

Post to this thread

User ID Password or create a free account.