RoR Special Groups:
RoR Interest Groups:
RoR Local Clubs:
Importance of Philosophy
Morality Needs No God
Rebirth of ReasonTM is an organization dedicated to the philosophy of
Objectivism, a philosophy devoted to living on earth.
The philosophy was developed by Ayn Rand, a novelist-philosopher in the 20th century.
RoR was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. You can find more information about RoR by going here.
Rebirth of Reason refers to Ayn Rand's description of the Renaissance.
The Renaissance was specifically the rebirth of reason, the liberation of man's mind, the triumph of rationality over mysticism - a faltering, incomplete, but impassioned triumph that led to the birth of science, of individualism, of freedom. - Ayn RandThe site is created to be a tool for bringing about a new Renaissance. Our purpose is to advance the philosophy of Objectivism.
We also seek to be a microcosm of the world we want to create. The rebirth of reason starts here. If we want to create a better world, we must start with ourselves. If we want a healthier culture, we have to create it here. If we want to promote reason, accomplishment, and happiness, we need only look to ourselves.
You may create a free account by clicking here. An account lets you post on the forums, contribute content of your own, vote in polls (and see the results), read some special topic forums, and many other features available only to members. In addition, logging in allows you to customize your RoR experience.
If you already have an account, you may log in here:
RoR Stats:RoR has 2577 articles archived by 271 different authors.
The RoR Forum has 178,145 posts.
There are 5021 members on RoR.
There are 39 Local clubs and Interest groups.
You can view the article archive by ranking of popularity. Go here.
Discuss this Article (1 message)
Messages out of the last 50General Forum
Does Freedom Of Speech Have An Ultimate Purpose?
(22) Jules Troy - 11/19, 7:46pm - Boo!Cant argue with that distinction Tess!
Bruce Jenner and the mystique of transgender surgery
(21) Steve Wolfer - 11/09, 11:49am - Most people don't realize how much of the controversy we see...
(22) Luke Setzer - 11/09, 2:53pm - Considering how much the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual o...
(23) Steve Wolfer - 11/09, 4:59pm - Luke, I'm familiar with the DSM III through the DSM IV but n...
(24) Luke Setzer - 11/10, 5:00am - Steve wrote (with my emphasis added):Only a small portion of...
(25) Steve Wolfer - 11/10, 12:02pm - Luke,The word "insane" is usually reserved for a person who ...
(26) Luke Setzer - 11/10, 2:19pm - Thank you, Steve, for taking the time to post a very informa...
(27) William Scott Scherk - 11/15, 11:28am - Steve has penned two thoughtful comments. Both are worth som...
(28) Luke Setzer - 11/15, 12:02pm - Mr. Scherk, I salute your highly valuable posts in this thre...
(29) Steve Wolfer - 11/15, 4:40pm - William Scott, Thanks for the kind words. I was looking into...
(30) Steve Wolfer - 11/15, 4:50pm - William Scott recommended a paper by Susan Haack (Science, S...
Paris Attacks - Free speech and Democratic Values !
(0) Liv Now - 11/16, 4:21am - I have always felt that extending free speech and democratic...
(1) Teresa Summerlee Isanhart - 11/16, 3:33pm - Refugees don't commit atrocities.
(2) Steve Wolfer - 11/16, 4:59pm - On the "Refugees do not commit attrocities" article. It is ...
(3) Michael E. Marotta - 11/17, 5:53am - The discussion inspires me to write a blog post, but my curr...
(4) Steve Wolfer - 11/17, 9:25am - Syrian immigrants or Mayflower Descendants, people are peopl...
(5) Jules Troy - 11/20, 2:54am - Great maybe 15 or 20 can be housed at MEM's house.
(0) Steve Wolfer - 11/19, 3:39pm - Take a look at this 4.5 minute long video - Extraordinarily ...
(1) Jules Troy - 11/20, 1:11am - I think Islam is difficult to reform due to the way in which...
(2) Teresa Summerlee Isanhart - 11/20, 8:46am - Religions and their texts don't "reform." People do.
(3) Steve Wolfer - 11/20, 8:50am - The resistence to reform is mostly based in their belief tha...
(4) Jules Troy - 11/20, 4:30pm - Perhaps when they are tired of dying and killing one another...
(5) Steve Wolfer - 11/20, 5:14pm - Those who are fundamental Islamists will never reform themse...
(6) Jules Troy - 11/20, 7:47pm - They also need to grow a thicker skin. On the one hand they...
(7) Steve Wolfer - 11/20, 9:10pm - It's good strategy is to divide the peaceful Muslims off fro...
(8) Michael E. Marotta - 11/25, 8:40pm - As I said on Galt's Gulch, this Brigitte Gabriel "failed to ...
(9) Steve Wolfer - 11/25, 9:39pm - Once again Marotta makes some absurd statements. The kind o...
(10) Jules Troy - 11/26, 7:25pm - Steve, there is no cure for stupidity. 😈At least not...
(11) Michael Philip - 11/26, 10:04pm - I am in agreement with Mariotta. There's nothing especially ...
(12) Steve Wolfer - 11/26, 11:19pm - Michael, There's nothing especially distinctive about Islam ...
(0) William Dwyer - 11/20, 10:36pm - The libertarians' Gary Johnson: "We must face the fact that ...
(1) Steve Wolfer - 11/20, 11:49pm - Excellent post, Bill! Usually religion is a combination of s...
(2) Jules Troy - 11/21, 12:43am - Notice that ISIS members kill muslims that in their eyes are...
(3) Stephen Boydstun - 11/26, 8:43am - Of related interest: Notes on Persecution and Toleration i...
(4) Teresa Summerlee Isanhart - 11/26, 7:31pm - Bill, I've asked this question many times in many places, bu...
(5) Jules Troy - 11/26, 7:40pm - Stephen that article by Stephen Hicks is excellent.
(6) Steve Wolfer - 11/26, 10:36pm - Teresa, This is what I got from Bill's post: He said, "...Mu...
A Randian Definition of the Common Good
(3) Michael Philip - 11/26, 8:30pm - This sounds great, but I'd like to ask a Devil's Advocate qu...
Why Hire Philosophers?
(1) Machan - 11/15, 8:02am - One of the Republicans aspiring to be their presidential can...
(2) Steve Wolfer - 11/15, 11:05am - If welders were as poor at working with metal as so many of ...
Government Budget Crises
(1) Machan - 11/24, 1:04am - Thanks, Tibor.
Democracy – but only when it goes your way!
(3) Joseph Rowlands - 11/09, 12:23pm - Link fixed.
(0) Machan - 11/17, 2:09am - Being generous isn't being altruistic. See my book, Generos...
A Brief on Abortion Rights
(0) Steve Wolfer - 11/27, 10:31am - I like your approach. Before reading your article I favored...
(47) Stephen Boydstun - 11/18, 7:26am - A recent "fact check" of the 2016 candidates for President ...
Black Lives Matter goes after Woodrow Wilson
(0) Steve Wolfer - 11/19, 12:26pm - BlackLivesMatter turning on Woodrow Wilson would be really f...
On Viewing 2001: The First Transhumanist Film
(0) Michael E. Marotta - 11/25, 9:24pm - Thanks, Ed. Last year at this time, my wife and daughter b...
Meet the Cry-Bully: a hideous hybrid of victim and victor
(0) Steve Wolfer - 11/20, 3:17pm - Fun article! Much of the discussion of the recent campus de...
(1) Jules Troy - 11/23, 6:06pm - Maybe we should just kill them quietly :)
Happy Thanksgiving Greetings from Your Friends
(0) Michael E. Marotta - 11/26, 1:00pm - "The unearned" comes to us in another form as well, and one ...