Content
Store
Forum

Rebirth of Reason
War
People
Archives
Objectivism

Post to this threadMark all messages in this thread as readMark all messages in this thread as unread

Post 0

Saturday, August 5 - 5:12amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit

Those of you using Photobucket for your articles will want to know that the company now wants $399.99 per year to continue hosting your photos.

Not to worry, just use promotion code "summerfun" to reduce the cost to $360!

Prepare for many broken photo links on this site.

Post 1

Tuesday, August 8 - 3:44amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit

The Internet is a challenge for business models. It appears that PhotoBucket believes that they have built enough of a potential market that they can finally make money.  I point out that Amazon has never made a profit.  About 25 years ago, I served twice on the the board of the East Lansing Food Co-Operative, ELFCO.  I chose the Finance committee for my assignment and I was dismayed by the Profit and Loss Statement.  "How do we stay in business?" I asked.  The accountant replied, "A positive cash flow covers a lot of sins."  So, I trust that Photobucket will be a resource for professionals who can justify the expense of whatever superior service Photobucket is going to offer.  (We can only hope...)

Post 2

Wednesday, August 16 - 3:53amSanction this postReply
Bookmark
Link
Edit

Marotta: I point out that Amazon has never made a profit.

That is false. Amazon has made a profit 8 of the last 10 years. Link. You may see only 5 years; as a subscriber I can see 10.

Post to this thread
User ID Password reminder or create a free account.