Excellent article, Ed. The muddled, almost non-message the GOP puts out explains why they are held in greater disrepute than the Democrats DESPITE the horror stories of this administrations six years. I think the GOP is missing a bet by not attacking Progressivism itself (not just Obama) as dishonest at its root.
- That it never admits to its real goals. It always lies and misleads people about the future it plans.
- That all of its major legislative drives are in the form of trojan horses (dressed up on the outside as 'good', while on the inside they are designed as just another large step towards their view of socialism). (E.g., Global Climate Change, consumer protection, health care)
- That they never address the issue of a debt so large that it creates a form of slavery for our children and their children who will have to pay back the money being spent today. Generations yet to come will be enslaved to this debt.
- That they tell lies to each of the 'identity' groups about any political opponent, while promising them things they won't get... to erode individual rights as a way to pave the path to total control by the elite. And they do it despite the fact that it is a process that is toxic to the nation's social environment - turning it into warring camps.
- They believe that the ends justify the means - which is the destruction of morality through a twisted lack of logic - and from that premise will tell any lie they believe will further their drive for power.
- They want to hollow out and demonize the GOP, the Tea Party, conservatives and libertarians for the purpose of having a system that dishonestly looks like a two party system but is really a one party system in effect - a major step towards complete control by the progressive elite.
- Supporting voter fraud under the lie of "protecting minorities against vote suppression."
Politics is now a world numbed to the big lie. It is as if they finally got logic and reason firmly divorced from their rhetoric so they can say anything, however ludicrous, and it will stand next a reasoned, logical argument as if they were equals and that is all that they need to say.
It is the massive degree of their dishonesty that has given them their successes, but it has the price of being a structure built on a feeble and vulnerable foundation. Show the lies, not just in specific cases, but as the very core of their process - as the very heart of progressivism - and it can't continue.... they would have to totally regroup with new names, new disguises, new efforts, and it would take generations to get back to where they are now. They have been trying to achieve the Fabian Socialist dream of bringing in socialism without a violent revolution - by a democratic vote (based up lies, and counting on ignorance).
That's what the GOP must attack. As to what the voters would be the most responsive to.... honesty. That is the opposite of the lies the progressives depend upon, so they would be winning votes while toppling the Progressive structure at the same time.