You are normally perceptive. The way you talk about Tibor's article, though, you make it sound like he was a political expert writing policy. I read his article as an informed opinion of less than an expert, but one suspicious of the media. For example, the last sentence:
... this amateur will hold to the belief that...I didn't see his article as a history of the conflict, but instead his own limited inquiry and impressions of it.
He wrote one thing. People seem to have read another. It's simple. Look at the signs:
- I was traveling in Europe...,I find it curious that people read his essay and missed all this. As a matter of fact, if he had ended with something like the following, it would have rung false as all get out to me:
- I also had a chance to talk with several people from the region itself...
- I continued to check into my highly suspect news sources—suspect because even an amateur...
- I was beginning to get a sense of at least...
- By my own fragmented information, too, I came to this conclusion...
So, this amateur has no other conclusion to offer that there is indeed an irrational anti-Israeli sentiment afoot around the globe despite the fact that Israel has always held the moral high ground.
Just on a stylistic basis, it would have been wrong. He was pondered from the very beginning. He even introduced the theme of reasoned opinion based on his own mother, a traditional antisemitic old-school person, fer krissakes.
I stand by my comments.
Er... I'm trying to resist, but I can't... It's too irresistible. Maybe Tibor should have ended up on a more forceful tone?
So, this amateur... this amateur hell, this motherfucking KASSER... knows that the Islamic scumbags are walking sacks of shit and there is a cocksucking irrational anti-Israeli sentiment by the toady ass-sucking media around the globe. Israel would be perfectly on the moral high ground to KASS KASS KASS and blast the living hell out of every piece of Islamic filth in proximity in this current conflict. There would be that many less scumbag sacks of shit walking the earth.
(See how easy that was? I'll take the honest thinker, myself. I trust him.)